Rome, Lazio, ItalyCloud & Infrastructure
About this Job
Type of job: Full-time
Role: Cloud Engineer
Experience level: Junior - Middle - Senior
Industry: Mobility, Automotive, Banking, Utilities
Company Size: 40 - 60 people
Salary range: € 25.000 - € 55.000
Job location: Rome
We are seeking Cloud Engineers for this job position. At our company, Cloud Engineers are expected to possess cross-functional skills in Cloud & Infrastructure and DevOps.
We are looking for an individual with development skills who is dedicated to building an automated, self-healing, and scalable infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for site reliability, designing new system architectures, and maintaining existing infrastructure. Additionally, you will play a key role in maintaining and improving our CI/CD pipelines.
We are seeking a highly intelligent and goal-oriented individual with strong analytical reasoning abilities. It is essential for this profile to collaborate effectively with team members to solve daily challenges and contribute to the ongoing improvement of our company processes. We value individuals who prioritize planning and finding optimal solutions before diving into extensive coding. Autonomously evaluating your own work and scheduling code refactors when necessary is a crucial skill we look for.
Lastly, we expect you to independently evaluate and critique the design choices you encounter on a daily basis. Your active contribution to the evolution of our projects and continuous commitment to personal and team improvement is highly valued.
- Automate & optimize application availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Design and implement Cloud infrastructures based on stakeholder requirements
- Produce detailed technical specification of Cloud infrastructure
- Invest on automation of process in order to improve the scalability and availability of application platform
- Help ensure the team continues to evolve and improve in everything we do, and how we do it
- Ensure process repeatability, track/document any changes to infrastructure, assist development teams during deployment/downtime activities
- Design and develop Disaster Recovery solution based on stakeholder requirements
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors and write post-mortem document and technical report of incidents and infrastructure issue
- Promote DevOps culture inside the team and in the community
- Embrace the GitOps culture whenever possible
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that we can sleep through the night.
We expect our Cloud Engineers to automate everything, focusing on creating new tools and improving existing ones, reducing toil and foster innovation.
You will be expected to cooperate with developer to the organization of development environment and environment variables. Furthermore you will cooperate with software architect to improve design choice.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux)
- Experience with Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of configuration management (eg. Ansible) and cloud automation (eg. Terraform)
- Experience in programming language (eg. python, go)
- Knowledge in UNIX scripting and network configuration
- Understand of web-based service scalability and reliability
- Understanding of CI/CD practice
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Open Source contributor
- StackOverflow contributor
- experience with Amazon Web Services or Azure.
Step 1 - Solve some problems
You will be sent an assignment with some problems. You can choose which problems to solve in one hour and submit your solutions. The solutions you submit will be evaluated by our recruiters and, in case they they are satisfactory, you will be moved to the next recruitment step.
Step 2 - Let's get to know each other
In this second step, you will have a call with one of our recruiters and they will present you our company and the job position you applied for. They will also ask you to briefly discuss your background and your previous experience. At this stage, feel free to ask any question about our company and the job position!
Step 3 - Technical interview(s)
In this step, we will propose you some problem to analyze together in order to understand your level of knowledge and your skills. We will also discuss about infrastructure design and reliability.
A further technical interview might follow in case our recruiters believe it necessary to better assess your skills!
Step 4 - Job offer
In case you successfully completed all the above steps, one of our people managers will get in touch with you to discuss the logistics, economics and benefits and follow up with a job offer.
Here at moveax, we have the ambition to be regarded as the best possible partner for any business that seeks help in facing the daily challenges of the tech world. We are proud to be the right people to interact with in the field of digital and cybersecurity. Over the years we have also gained great experience in the world of blockchain (digital assets, DLT) and artificial intelligence.We believe our main competitive advantage is having a team made of young talents who have a strong passion for technology. We treat every project for our customers with the same care we have for our own projects and we constantly try to improve our processes to achieve the best possible results. We are based in Rome, between Trastevere and San Pietro neighbourhoods. The main market segments we work in are: mobility and transportation, banking and finance, public administration.
Your position at our company
- Delivery dept.: handles project management and customer relations to support customer business and prioritisation
- Experience dept.: takes care of Service Design, UX and UI activities
- Engineering dept.: takes care of the architectural design and development of our projects.
- Cloud & infrastructure dept.: handles site reliability, infrastructure and cloud services. This is the department you are applying for.
Our Digital business unit as a whole basically works in two directions:
- providing our customers projects aimed at end-to-end digital innovation, working with the customer from project inception and definition up to project delivery, in an agile way.
- delivering company products in cooperation with of our Innovation business unit to launch highly innovative projects on the market, leveraging our internal practices, especially focusing on blockchain technology and AI
Cloud & infrastructure
The following is a description of an average member of our team:
driven by great passion for technology: the ones who love their job perform better with less effort
open source and StackOverflow contributor: it's nice to take but it's also nice to give something back to the community
knowledge cruncher, the world runs fast and you have to stay up to date, read a lot and learning from those who have already faced a problem before you is definitely the right path to take
passionate about the UNIX-like world, what's better than knowing what's happening in your PC?
beer lover, it helps to think better :)
ask for a book, we'll get it
foosball and playstation
free beer on friday
team building travels every year
Our working stack
- Issue tracking: Atlassian JIRA
- Team communication: Slack, rarely emails
- Metodology: Agile-Scrum, Domain Driven Design (DDD)
The following list includes most technologies that we have been using on our projects. These is not meant to be an exhaustive list, as we plan to investigate new technologies and are open to different technologies based on project requirements.
- Version Control: GitHub, Bitbucket
- Frameworks: ReactJS with Redux, Angular, Vue.js
- Language: TypeScript
- Frameworks: NestJS, NodeJS, Java Spring, Django, Laravel, very rarely .Net,
- Languages: Go, TypeScript, Java, Python3, PHP (only as a last resort), C# (if required by the project)
- Cloud providers: AWS, Azure
- Containerization: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Persistence, events, communication: MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka
- CI/CD: Bitbucket Pipeline, Azure Devops, ArgoCD
- IaC: Terraform, Ansible
Source control ✔️ One-step build ✔️ Daily builds ✔️ Quiet working conditions ✔️ Bug-tracking database ✔️ Best tools that money can buy ✔️ Bugs fixed before writing new code ✔️ Testers ✔️ Up-to-date schedule ✔️ Code screening ✔️ Specs ✔️ Hallway usability testing ✔️
Check on Job Description!